Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Projects, Projects, Projects and Where to Start

So, once upon a time, I started a blog with two of my best friends...and my friends wrote and contributed and I...well I was doing projects.  I couldn't find a place to start.  I needed the perfect first post.  And then my good friend Kim (which one?) suggested that my perfect first post would be to  write about all of my projects that were keeping me from writing.

Here goes...

First we found a dresser for our master bedroom on Craig's List a few months ago.  I was so excited and it was 40 degrees so I primed that puppy...then the temperature dropped below the optimal painting temperature...and I had to wait for 3 months, (because spring just refuses to stick around this year) to paint it.  Then it finally was nice enough, so I was spray painting (umm a lot, because it's a big dresser).  I will post pics later.

Second I wanted to paint my master bedroom so I needed to pick the absolute perfect color.....so, we organized our garage...partially...well, the tools are off the floor, the rest is still a work in progress.

Messy before peg board
After peg board installation

Organization is a beautiful thing! (or partial organization that allows you to believe that soon, one day the whole garage will be this gorgeous).

And we (the collective we, as in my husband {who really loves [sarcastic] all the projects I come up with} and I) installed this storm door in our garage.  3 days and it has changed my life. I love this storm door!


 Third, because I can't decide on my master bedroom color, what better way to move forward than to paint the master bathroom instead?  See all the paint samples?  Why is it that I can help other people be decisive about the colors for their homes, but when it comes to my own, it's the most difficult thing in the world?

 Anyway, I decided to go with Kentucky Haze in Aqua Pearl by Benjamin Moore.  I had one more wall to go to finish the first coat...and then...I fell.  Hard!  From a top of a stool.  Nestea plunge style.  Yup! Graceful over here.  (and really bruised)
 This basket broke my fall. And I'm sorry I don't have first coat pictures to show, but I will soon.
 
What is this pic?  Oh more projects for the master bedroom:)
So I will update you more in the near future, and a promise with more focus on specific projects.  I can't wait to show you!
Thanks for reading!
Jessica

1 comment:

  1. i want to see some of your completed projects!!! you are such a great designer! true story:)

    ReplyDelete